10. Caladesi Island State Park, Dunedin
Caladesi Island State Park is a pristine island paradise located just off the coast of Dunedin, Florida. It is accessible only by boat, which adds to its secluded and unspoiled atmosphere. The island is known for its white-sand beaches, crystal-clear waters, and lush mangrove forests.
Visitors to Caladesi Island State Park can enjoy a variety of activities, including swimming, sunbathing, shelling, fishing, and hiking. There are also several picnic areas and a playground for families with children.
The park is home to a variety of wildlife, including dolphins, manatees, and sea turtles. Visitors can also see a variety of birds, such as herons, egrets, and osprey.
Why Caladesi Island is one of the best clear water beaches in Florida:
- Caladesi Island is known for its crystal-clear waters, which are perfect for swimming, snorkeling, and diving.
- The island has several white-sand beaches, which are perfect for sunbathing and relaxing.
- The island is home to a variety of wildlife, including dolphins, manatees, and sea turtles.
- The island is accessible only by boat, which adds to its secluded and unspoiled atmosphere.
Tips for visiting Caladesi Island State Park:
- The park is open from 8am to sunset, 365 days a year.
- There is an entrance fee of $8 per vehicle or $4 per person for pedestrians and cyclists.
- The park is accessible by boat only. There are several ferry companies that offer service to the island from Dunedin and Honeymoon Island State Park.
- There are several picnic areas and a playground on the island.
- The park is home to a variety of wildlife, so be sure to respect the animals and their habitat.
Here are some additional things to do on Caladesi Island State Park:
- Visit the Caladesi Island Nature Trail, a 3-mile loop trail that winds through the island's mangrove forests and coastal scrub.
- Take a guided kayak tour of the island's mangrove forests and waterways.
- Go fishing for redfish, trout, and snook in the island's waters.
- Have a picnic lunch on one of the island's many secluded beaches.
- Watch the sunset from one of the island's western beaches.
Caladesi Island State Park is a truly special place, and it is definitely worth a visit for anyone looking for a beautiful and secluded beach experience.