4. Siesta Beach
Siesta Beach on Siesta Key in Sarasota, Florida is consistently ranked among the best beaches in the United States and the world. It is known for its powdery white sand, which is 99% pure quartz and so soft that it stays cool underfoot even on the hottest days. The water is also incredibly clear, making it perfect for swimming, snorkeling, and other water activities.
Siesta Beach is a popular spot for families, couples, and retirees alike. There is a large playground for children, as well as picnic areas, grills, and restrooms. The beach is also wheelchair accessible.
In addition to its natural beauty, Siesta Beach also offers a variety of amenities. There are several restaurants and shops located nearby, as well as a variety of water sports rentals.
Things to do at Siesta Beach:
- Swim in the crystal-clear waters
- Sunbathe on the soft white sand
- Build sandcastles
- Play volleyball or other beach games
- Snorkel or dive to explore the underwater world
- Rent a kayak or paddleboard and explore the coastline
- Take a boat tour of the nearby islands
- Have a picnic lunch or barbecue
- Watch the sunset over the Gulf of Mexico
Tips for visiting Siesta Beach:
- The beach is busiest on weekends and during the summer months. If you are looking for a more peaceful experience, visit during the week or during the off-season.
- The sun can be very strong in Florida, so be sure to wear sunscreen, a hat, and sunglasses.
- There are limited shade options on the beach, so it is a good idea to bring a beach umbrella or canopy.
- The beach is a public park, so there is no admission fee. However, there is a parking fee for vehicles.
- Siesta Beach is a smoke-free beach.
Siesta Beach is a truly special place, and it is no wonder that it is one of the most popular beaches in Florida. With its soft white sand, crystal-clear water, and variety of amenities, it is the perfect place to relax and enjoy the Florida sunshine.