8. Bali: Island of Bliss
Bali is a small island in Indonesia, but it is packed with so much to see and do. From its stunning beaches to its lush rice terraces, Bali has something to offer everyone. Here are just a few of the things you can experience on your trip to Bali:
- Visit the temples of Tanah Lot and Besakih. Tanah Lot is a Hindu temple perched on a cliff overlooking the ocean, while Besakih is the largest temple complex in Bali. Both temples are stunning examples of Balinese architecture and culture.
- Explore the rice terraces of Ubud. Ubud is a charming town in the hills of Bali, and it is home to some of the most beautiful rice terraces in the world. Take a walk through the terraces and learn about the traditional methods of rice cultivation.
- Go surfing in Canggu or Seminyak. Canggu and Seminyak are two popular beach towns in Bali that are known for their great surfing. If you're a beginner, there are plenty of surf schools that can teach you the basics.
- Take a cooking class. Balinese cuisine is some of the most delicious in the world, and there are many cooking classes available that will teach you how to make some of the island's signature dishes.
- Visit a traditional village. There are many traditional villages in Bali that offer a glimpse into the island's unique culture. Learn about the traditional way of life and see how the locals live.
- Relax on the beach. Of course, no trip to Bali would be complete without spending some time relaxing on the beach. Bali has some of the most beautiful beaches in the world, so you're sure to find the perfect spot to soak up the sun.
These are just a few of the many things you can do in Bali. Whether you're interested in history, culture, nature, or simply relaxing, you're sure to find something to love on this island paradise.
Here are some additional tips for planning your trip to Bali:
- The best time to visit Bali is during the dry season, which runs from April to October.
- The currency in Bali is the Indonesian Rupiah (IDR).
- Bali is a relatively safe place to travel, but it is always a good idea to be aware of your surroundings and take precautions against petty theft.
- Balinese people are very friendly and welcoming, so be sure to smile and say hello to everyone you meet.
Read also: 24 Best Things to do in Chillicothe Ohio