2. Lanikai Beach
Lanikai Beach, also known as Ka'ōhao Beach, is a stunning two-mile stretch of white sand and crystal-clear waters located on the Windward Coast of Oahu. It is often ranked as one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, and for good reason. The beach is backed by lush vegetation and offers stunning views of the Mokulua Islands, also known as “The Mokes,” two small offshore islands that are popular for kayaking and snorkeling.
Lanikai Beach is a great place to relax and soak up the sun. The waters are calm and protected, making it ideal for swimming, wading, and stand-up paddleboarding. The beach is also a popular spot for sunbathing, picnicking, and beachcombing.
Here are some of the things to do at Lanikai Beach:
- Swim and wade in the calm, clear waters.
- Stand-up paddleboard to the Mokulua Islands.
- Sunbathe on the soft, white sand.
- Picnic under the shade of the trees.
- Beachcomb for seashells and other treasures.
Here are some tips for planning your visit to Lanikai Beach:
- The beach can get crowded, especially on weekends and holidays. If you want to avoid the crowds, try to visit during the week or early in the morning.
- There are no lifeguards on duty at Lanikai Beach, so be sure to swim at your own risk.
- There are no restrooms or showers at Lanikai Beach, so be sure to come prepared.
- Parking is limited, so it is best to arrive early or take public transportation.
- Respect the local wildlife and do not feed or touch the sea turtles.
Lanikai Beach is a true Hawaiian paradise, and it is no wonder that it is so popular with visitors from all over the world. If you are looking for a beautiful and relaxing beach to spend your day, Lanikai Beach is the perfect place for you.