11. Coast Guard Beach, Provincetown
Located at the tip of Cape Cod, Coast Guard Beach is a popular spot for swimming, sunbathing, and surfing. The beach is known for its clear waters and soft sand, and it's also a great place to watch for whales and dolphins.
Things to do at Coast Guard Beach:
- Whale watching
- Dolphin watching
- Lifeguards on duty during the summer
How to get to Coast Guard Beach:
- From Provincetown, take Route 6A to the end. The beach is on the right.
- From Truro, take Route 6A to the Wellfleet rotary. Take Route 6 through Wellfleet and Eastham. The beach is on the left.
- The beach can get crowded during the summer months, so be sure to arrive early or late in the day.
- There is a parking fee, so be sure to bring cash or a credit card.
- The beach is clothing optional, so be prepared for anything.
- Length: 1.5 miles
- Lifeguards: Yes
- Parking: $20 per day
- Restrooms: Yes
- Showers: Yes
- Food: Yes
- Alcohol: No
- Pets: No