12. Puffer's Pond, Amherst
Take a refreshing dip in the cool waters of Puffer's Pond, a serene 11-acre impoundment of Cushman Brook located in North Amherst. This popular spot is known for its clear waters, sandy beaches, and lush surroundings, making it an ideal escape from the hustle and bustle of city life. Whether you're seeking a leisurely swim, an invigorating kayak ride, or a peaceful picnic by the pond, Puffer's Pond offers something for everyone.
- Two sandy beaches
- Port-a-potties (seasonal)
Hours: 6:00 AM to dusk
Location: State Street, North Amherst, MA 01002
From Amherst Center, take North Amherst Road north for approximately 2 miles. Turn left onto State Street and follow it for about 0.5 miles. The parking area for Puffer's Pond will be on your right.
- Swimming is allowed, but no lifeguard is on duty.
- Dogs are not allowed on the beaches or in the water.
- Please pack out all trash and leave no trace.
- Arrive early on weekends and holidays to secure parking.
- Bring sunscreen, insect repellent, and a hat.
- Enjoy the natural beauty of the area by taking a walk on the trails that surround the pond.
Read also: 13 Best Beaches in St. Petersburg