15. Good Harbor Beach, Gloucester
With its stunning white sand, gentle surf, and picturesque views, Good Harbor Beach is a popular spot for swimming, sunbathing, and surfing. Located in the historic town of Gloucester, the beach is also home to a variety of shops and restaurants.
Here are some of the things that make Good Harbor Beach so special:
- The sand: The sand at Good Harbor Beach is some of the whitest and softest in the state.
- The surf: The surf at Good Harbor Beach is gentle and perfect for swimming and body surfing.
- The views: The views from Good Harbor Beach are simply stunning. You can see the rocky coastline, the open ocean, and even the twin lighthouses on Two Lights State Park.
- The amenities: Good Harbor Beach has a variety of amenities, including restrooms, showers, and a lifeguard on duty during the summer.
- The location: Good Harbor Beach is located in the historic town of Gloucester, which is a great place to explore after a day at the beach.
If you're looking for a beautiful beach with clear water and plenty of things to do, Good Harbor Beach is a great option.
Here are some additional details about Good Harbor Beach:
- Address: 1 Thatcher Road, Gloucester, MA 01930
- Parking: There is a large parking lot at Good Harbor Beach.
- Hours: The beach is open from dawn to dusk.
- Lifeguards: Lifeguards are on duty from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day.
- Amenities: Restrooms, showers, picnic tables, and a concession stand.
- Activities: Swimming, sunbathing, surfing, body surfing, and stand-up paddleboarding.
- Pets: Dogs are allowed on the beach but must be leashed at all times.
Tips for visiting Good Harbor Beach:
- Arrive early: The parking lot at Good Harbor Beach can fill up quickly on weekends and holidays.
- Bring your own food and drinks: There is a concession stand at the beach, but it is limited in selection.
- Be prepared for crowds: Good Harbor Beach is a popular spot, so be prepared for crowds, especially on weekends and holidays.
- Respect the environment: Please leave no trace of your visit and dispose of all trash properly.
Read also: 14 Best Clear Water Beaches In Florida