4. Spectacle Island
Spectacle Island is a small, uninhabited island located in the Boston Harbor. It is known for its clear waters, sandy beaches, and stunning views of the city skyline. The island is also a popular spot for swimming, fishing, and kayaking.
Spectacle Island is a great place to relax and escape the hustle and bustle of city life. The island is only accessible by boat, which adds to its charm and seclusion. There are no public facilities on the island, so visitors should be prepared to pack everything they need for their day trip.
How to get to Spectacle Island
There are a few different ways to get to Spectacle Island. The most popular option is to take the Spectacle Island Ferry from Long Wharf in Boston. The ferry ride takes about 30 minutes and costs $17 for adults and $12 for children.
Another option is to take a private boat or water taxi to the island. This is a more expensive option, but it can be a good choice for groups or families.
What to do on Spectacle Island
There are plenty of things to do on Spectacle Island. Visitors can enjoy swimming, sunbathing, fishing, and kayaking. The island is also a great place to explore and take in the beautiful scenery.
Here are a few ideas for things to do on Spectacle Island:
- Swim in the clear waters of the Boston Harbor.Opens in a new windowwww.bostonharborhotel.comSwimming in the Boston Harbor
- Sunbathe on the sandy beaches.
- Go for a walk or hike around the island.
- Explore the ruins of the old mansion on the island.
- Have a picnic lunch with a view of the city skyline.
Spectacle Island is a great place to visit for a day trip or a weekend getaway. It is a perfect place to relax, enjoy the outdoors, and escape the city life.
- Spectacle Island is part of the Boston Harbor Islands National Recreation Area.
- The island is home to a variety of wildlife, including birds, deer, and rabbits.
- Spectacle Island is a popular spot for weddings and events.