3. Nahiku Pond and Nahiku Landing
Nahiku Pond and Nahiku Landing are two beautiful spots located along the Road to Hana on the island of Maui, Hawaii. Nahiku Pond is a small, freshwater pond that is surrounded by lush tropical vegetation. The pond is a popular spot for swimming, sunbathing, and picnicking. There is also a short hiking trail that leads to a waterfall.
Nahiku Landing is a rocky coastline that offers stunning views of the Pacific Ocean. There is a small beach at Nahiku Landing, but the waves can be strong, so it is not recommended for swimming. However, it is a great place to relax and enjoy the scenery.
To get to Nahiku Pond and Nahiku Landing, drive along the Road to Hana until you reach mile marker 26.5. There is a small parking lot on the right-hand side of the road. From the parking lot, walk down the dirt path to the pond. Nahiku Landing is located about 0.25 miles from the parking lot.
Here are some tips for visiting Nahiku Pond and Nahiku Landing:
- The best time to visit is early in the morning or late in the afternoon, when the crowds are smaller.
- Be sure to wear sunscreen, insect repellent, and a hat.
- Bring plenty of water and snacks.
- If you plan on swimming in Nahiku Pond, be aware that the bottom of the pond can be muddy and slippery.
- Be careful of the strong waves at Nahiku Landing.
- Respect the local culture and environment.
In addition to the above, here are some other things you can do at Nahiku Pond and Nahiku Landing:
- Go for a swim in the pond.
- Sunbathe on the shore of the pond.
- Have a picnic lunch.
- Take a walk along the hiking trail to the waterfall.
- Go fishing in the pond.
- Watch the waves crash against the rocks at Nahiku Landing.
- Take photos of the beautiful scenery.
Nahiku Pond and Nahiku Landing are two of the many hidden gems on the Road to Hana. Be sure to stop by and visit these beautiful places when you are on Maui.