14. Upper Waikani Falls
Upper Waikani Falls, also known as Three Bears Falls, is a popular waterfall located on the Road to Hana on the island of Maui, Hawaii. It is known for its three separate falls that cascade into a pool below. The tallest fall is approximately 70 feet high.
To get to Upper Waikani Falls, drive to Mile Marker 19 on the Road to Hana. The falls will be visible from the road, but there is limited parking nearby. You can either park at the small parking lot just past the falls and walk back, or you can park at one of the larger parking lots further down the road and walk to the falls from there.
The trail to Upper Waikani Falls is short but steep. There is a chain that you can use to help yourself down the steepest part of the trail. Once you reach the bottom, you will be rewarded with stunning views of the falls.
Upper Waikani Falls is a great place to swim, cool off, and take photos. However, it is important to be aware of the dangers of swimming in waterfalls. The current can be strong, and there are often rocks and other hazards in the water. Be sure to swim with caution and supervise children closely.
Here are some tips for visiting Upper Waikani Falls:
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothing that you don't mind getting wet.
- Bring sunscreen, insect repellent, and plenty of water.
- Be aware of the dangers of swimming in waterfalls and swim with caution.
- Supervise children closely.
- Respect the natural environment and leave no trace.
Things to do at Upper Waikani Falls:
- Swim in the pool below the falls.
- Take photos and videos of the falls.
- Have a picnic lunch.
- Enjoy the beautiful scenery.
Upper Waikani Falls is a great place to visit for people of all ages and fitness levels. It is a short and easy hike to the falls, and the views are definitely worth it!
Read also: 13 Incredible Waterfalls in Gatlinburg