13. Hanawi Falls
Hanawi Falls is one of the most photographed waterfalls on Maui, and for good reason. It's a towering, two-tiered waterfall that cascades into a lush rainforest pool. The falls are located on the Road to Hana, at mile marker 24.
There are two ways to view Hanawi Falls: from the bridge or from a short hike. To view the falls from the bridge, simply pull over to the side of the road and walk to the bridge. There is a small viewing area where you can take in the beauty of the falls.
If you want to get a closer look at Hanawi Falls, you can take a short hike to the bottom of the falls. The hike is about 0.5 miles round trip and is relatively easy. To get to the trailhead, park your car at the bridge and walk across the bridge. On the other side of the bridge, you'll see a trail to the right. Follow the trail to the bottom of the falls.
Once you reach the bottom of the falls, you can cool off in the pool or simply relax and enjoy the scenery. Be careful not to get too close to the falls, as the rocks can be slippery.
Here are some additional tips for visiting Hanawi Falls:
- The best time to visit Hanawi Falls is in the morning, when the sunlight is filtering through the trees.
- Be sure to wear comfortable shoes and clothing, as the hike to the bottom of the falls can be slippery.
- Bring sunscreen, insect repellent, and water.
- Be aware of your surroundings and watch out for poison ivy.
- Leave no trace and pack out all of your trash.
Why you must see Hanawi Falls:
- Hanawi Falls is one of the most beautiful and iconic waterfalls on Maui.
- It's easily accessible from the Road to Hana.
- There are two ways to view the falls: from the bridge or from a short hike.
- The hike to the bottom of the falls is relatively easy and offers stunning views of the falls.
- The pool at the bottom of the falls is a great place to cool off on a hot day.