Florida, dubbed ‘the Sunshine State,' is a renowned tourist destination; given its proximity to both the Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico, it's unsurprising that the most south-eastern state in the United States is blessed with an abundance of breathtaking beaches.
Its major cities, including Miami, Fort Lauderdale, and Pensacola, are home to an abundance of excellent restaurants, hotels, and nightlife, and their idyllic environment alongside sparkling turquoise waters just adds to their appeal. Additionally, Florida is well-known for its abundance of theme parks, the most famous of which are Disney World, Universal Studios, and Sea World.
Along with its vibrant communities, the state's amazing national parks and gorgeous beaches provide tourists with an incredible variety of outdoor experiences and watersports to try.
With world-class attractions nestled alongside an abundance of world-class beaches, Florida offers the best of all worlds, which contributes to its appeal as a vacation destination.
Now, with almost 700 miles of stunning beaches, these are the 14 Best Clear Water Beaches In Florida.
Read also: 30 Clear Water Beaches in USA
14 Best Clear Water Beaches In Florida
Here's the list of 14 Best Clear Water Beaches in Florida:
1. Clearwater Beach
Clearwater Beach is a popular tourist destination on the Gulf Coast of Florida, known for its white sand beaches and clear blue water. It is located in the city of Clearwater, which is about 25 miles northwest of Tampa.
Clearwater Beach is a great place to relax and enjoy the sun and sand. The beach is wide and has plenty of space to spread out. The water is shallow and calm, making it ideal for swimming and wading. Clearwater Beach is also a popular spot for snorkeling, parasailing, and other water sports.
In addition to its beautiful beaches, Clearwater Beach also has a variety of other attractions, including:
- Pier 60: Pier 60 is a popular fishing pier that also offers stunning views of the Gulf of Mexico. Every evening, there is a sunset celebration at the pier, with live music and street performers.
- Clearwater Marine Aquarium: The Clearwater Marine Aquarium is a non-profit aquarium that is home to a variety of marine life, including dolphins, sea turtles, and manatees. The aquarium offers a variety of educational programs and exhibits, and it is a popular spot for families with children.
- Clearwater Beach Walk: The Clearwater Beach Walk is a paved walkway that runs along the beachfront. It is a great place to take a walk, bike ride, or rollerblade. The Beach Walk is also lined with shops, restaurants, and bars.
Clearwater Beach is a great place to visit for a variety of reasons. It has beautiful beaches, clear blue water, and a variety of other attractions. Whether you are looking for a relaxing beach vacation or a fun-filled family getaway, Clearwater Beach has something to offer everyone.
Here are some additional tips for planning your trip to Clearwater Beach:
- The best time to visit Clearwater Beach is during the shoulder seasons of spring and fall, when the weather is mild and there are fewer crowds.
- If you are visiting during the summer, be sure to make your reservations in advance, as Clearwater Beach is a popular tourist destination.
- Clearwater Beach is a family-friendly beach, but there are also areas that are more popular with adults. If you are looking for a more secluded spot, try heading to the north end of the beach.
- There are a variety of restaurants and bars located within walking distance of Clearwater Beach. You can find everything from casual beachfront eateries to fine dining establishments.
- Clearwater Beach is also home to a variety of shops, including souvenir shops, clothing stores, and art galleries.
Read also: Best Family Beaches In Florida